Phoenixnewsonline.com (“Phoenixnewsonline.com”) understands that you care about how your information is used and shared personally. Your privacy is of high importance. The policy describes the types of information we collect from users, how we the information, sharing of information and disclosures and other important information about privacy
The Information We Collect
- Information You Provide To Us. At some Services, you can register, enter contests, vote in polls or otherwise express an opinion, subscribe to one of our services such as our online newsletters. In the course of these various offerings, we often seek to collect from you various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number etc.
- Information That is Passively or Automatically Collected. We and third party service providers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and distribution or other partners may use automated means to collect various types of Information about you, your computer or other device used to access our Services. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using, (e.g. Microsoft Windows or Mac OS).
- Geo-location Information. If you are accessing a Service from a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience on our Services or on other Services, when we work with a Partner such as a third party mobile ad platform. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
How We Use the Information
We, along with our Partners, may use the Information to:
- Provide and communicate with you about the Services or your account with us,
- Fulfill your requests regarding the Services, including without limitation requests for newsletters and notifications,
- Communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you,
- Enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Services,
- Protect the safety of our Users,
- customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of the Services or other online or mobile websites, applications, platforms or services, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them,
- We or a Partner may use “cookies” or similar technologies to associate certain of the Information with a unique identifier that then associates the Information with your device or browser
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may disclose the Information as follows:
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our Services, forums and online communities; (h) administer contests; (i) maintain databases; (j) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (k) otherwise support our Services.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
Other Important Information About Your Privacy
- Linked Services
Some of the Services contain links to or integrations with other services such as Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, and other media services and platforms whose information practices may be different than ours. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
2. Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the Information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the Information that we collect and store.
3. Do Not Track (DNT) browser setting
DNT is a feature offered by some browsers which, when enabled, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing is not tracked, such as by third party ad networks, social networks and analytic companies. This website does not currently respond to DNT requests. A uniform standard has not yet been adopted to determine how DNT requests should be interpreted and what actions should be taken by websites and third parties.